Question? Get In Touch
SUPPORT FOR YOUNG ADULTS WITH LEARNING DIFFICULTIES
Warren Hub is a family run centre providing care and support for young adults in Blackpool. At Independent Living we have wonderful support staff who specialise in providing activities and experiences tailored to the needs of young adults with learning difficulties. Come and visit us at Warren Hub, to meet new friends, gain work experience or participate in a range of fun activities.
Alongside the disabled access transport operated by The Hub, we also have close links with Rideability. This means we are able to provide transport to and from The Hub each day if required as well as out to the community based activities.
At Warren Hub, all our activities are community based, and provide young adults with learning difficulties the opportunity to be more involved within the wider community. Our service covers Blackpool, Fylde and the Wyre. Find out more about our free trail day.
WHAT HAPPENS AT WARREN HUB?
At Warren Hub, you can choose from our many activities all tailored to suit your taste. We want the people who use our service to be inspired and live life without limits. Whether you want to learn art & craft, go cycling or listen to live music we have it all going on. As with all our centres, we have newspapers supplied daily, computers and iPads available for use and a whole range of board games to choose from.
Some of our activities include:
- Learning @ The Hub - We have great links with educational organisations such as Blackpool Adult Learning and Blackpool and The Fylde College to provide a programme of fun and interesting courses throughout the year. We want to encourage you to get involved and participate in lots of activities to suit you.
- Outdoors @ The Hub - Why not join our gardening gang and enjoy our outdoor facilities. Help maintain our existing garden or learn how to grow your own vegetables.
- Arts, Crafts, Music & Drama @ The Hub - The Hub has a dedicated craft room which offers a wide range of activities to develop your creative skills. Budding thespians can develop their acting and singing skills in our own productions.
- Cooking, catering and life skills @ The Hub - We encourage independence, so invite you to make your own refreshments. The more adventurous can help out in the main kitchen that caters for around 100 people daily. The Hub also benefits from its own cafe and fully licensed bar, providing even further opportunities not only to socialise with friends, but to be involved. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team and gain valuable new skills.
- Live entertainment @ The Hub - The Hub has live entertainment each day. We use a large range of entertainers from solo singers to duos and even a range of different choirs and groups. We know that most people enjoy listening to music and a number of people who use our service like to get up and start dancing. It's a great way to make friends and enjoy yourself.
- Technology @ The Hub - The Hub has a new computer suite which give you the opportunity to engage with the fast moving digital world. Whether you enjoy photography, gaming, social networking or simply surfing, help is on hand to learn new skills.
- We are confident you, your son or daughter will have a great time at Warren Hub, giving you the break you have been waiting for.