Abingdon street market has gone up for sale for £1.5m
Estate Agents Acuitus are advertising the market on Abingdon Street.
They've described the property as:
- Includes substantial indoor market with 53 stalls and separate storage units
- Separate shops let to tenants including Sense and Card Factory, with separately let offices and one shop under offer (4)
- Approximately 28,000 sq ft GIA
- Potential Change of Use and Redevelopment opportunities including residential and leisure, subject to planning and consents
- Asset management opportunities
- Close to Blackpool Winter Gardens and adjacent to former Post Office with plans approved for a new 102 bed hotel, with shops, bars and restaurants
- High Yielding and low capital value per sq ft on Guide Price
Signs went up outside the building this morning.
The property is currently operated by TCS Holdings of Leeds who invested in a refurbishment in 2012.
There's 53 stall inside the building, which also has separate surrounding shops and offices on Abingdon Street.
The property was built in 1862 and was originally used as the town’s first major Police Station in Blackpool.
It included offices, a Court House and three dwelling houses. It was enlarged in 1880 and saw the formation of the Borough Force in 1887.
Finally in 1928, they became and have stayed as the Market premises.
The Auction will be held in London on 26th March.