From today (Wednesday 5th) up to 6 benefit payouts, become 1.
Blackpool goes live with the latest Universal Credit roll-out for working age customers who have a relevant change in circumstances.
It's a digital service replacing six means tested benefits and tax credits.
Either the Job Centre or Housing Benefit department will tell you if you need to move onto Universal Credit following a relevant change in circumstances
If you already get benefits...
Universal Credit will replace the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Working Tax Credit
If you currently receive any of these benefits, you cannot claim Universal Credit at the same time.
Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK. You do not need to do anything until you hear from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about moving to Universal Credit, unless you have a change in circumstances.
What you need to apply....
- your bank, building society or credit union account details (call the Universal Credit helpline if you do not have one)
- an email address
- your National Insurance number
- information about your housing, for example how much rent you pay
- details of your income, for example payslips
- details of savings and any investments, like shares or a property that you rent out
- details of how much you pay for childcare if you’re applying for help with childcare costs
If you do not provide the right information when you apply it might affect when you get paid or how much you get.
You also have to verify your identity online. You’ll need some proof of identity for this, for example your:
- driving licence
- debit or credit card