.

Vulnerable Blackpool woman burned after carers left her too close to a radiator

Photo taken by woman's daughter hours after the incident

It was hours before the woman, who had limited mobility following a stroke was taken to hospital.

The woman, who hasn’t been named, had previously suffered a stroke and had limited feeling in her right side and difficulty talking.

 She was being looked after in her home by icare, a group of carers commissioned by the council.

The woman had been left too close to a radiator whilst on a commode in her bathroom.

She suffered several burns to her leg, some were up to 12cm in length and 2cm wide.

A report from the local Government and Social Care Ombudsmen said that almost three hours had passed before the woman was given the micical attention she needed.

After being taken to hospital her wounds became infected.

The report  also accused the agency workers of “failing to provide an accurate account of what happened”, with case records given to the investigation called “misleading”.

The council have been ordered to pay the woman £5,000 and her daughter £500.

More from Local

Cover art for Let Me Love You

On Air

Max Mallen playing Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You